Thursday, September 18, 2008

I thought this might happen...

...I just didn't think it would happen so soon! While we were in Ohio on vacation, we had planned on drive to Lake Hope State Park to camp with my sister Andrea and her 2 boys, Luke and Kyle. We got a late start from Lima and got tired in Columbus so we spent the night at a hotel down there. The next morning while walking out to the car, Annie stopped and looked at an inlet that was in the middle of the parking lot. She looked up at Tim and told him that rain came down from the sky, and went into the inlet...the she pointed over at a detention pond and said that the water ended up over there. Ummm...we were flabbergasted! Did someone tell her this or did she figure it all out on her own? I kinda figured she would someday be interested in engineering since that is what both Tim and I do. Tim said he was impressed with Annie's smarts but also disappointed that he spent 4 years in college to learn where water goes after it rains...I'm just disappointed that it appears that she has chosen to go into drainage engineering...couldn't she have picked at least structural engineering? I mean everyone knows water runs downhill...on the other hand, I guess it did take Tim 4 years to figure that out. Just Kidding!

1 comment:

Mark J. said...

That is a cute story. But I think I will cry if Max wants to go into engineering.


Momma and her Girls