Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend Wedding and Camping Plus a Major Milestone!



This last weekend we attended Rachelle and Quentin's wedding up in the mountains around Vail. Of course we had to camp that weekend also. Honestly I was a little worried about the weather report. As loyal readers all know we've had a few "issues" with Poppy the camper, I wasn't too thrilled about camping when the weather lady says it could possibly snow. Tim, on the other hand threw caution to the wind (it was either that or shell out a few bills for a hotel room for the weekend!) I loaded about 10 blankets into the camper and some food and off we headed towards Vail on Friday morning. Anyways, cutting to the chase we were behind schedule and got to our campsite with enough time to get dressed and to find out that the camper had blown a fuse...heater not working! I was thinking to myself - Great, we just pulled a 2000 lb dressing room all the way to Vail. There was no way I or the girls were going to stay there that night without heat. Not to worry, a few switch a roos and we are out hot water but in with the warm furnace.



The wedding was great fun...great food, warm heat lamps...excellent cupcakes. In fact it was so fun that a local Moose decided to get a closer look. He came up to dine on the marsh grass that grew in the lake just a few 100 ft away from the wedding. Annie was pretty excited about that and I thought she would never want to come back in, until I told her that the dance was starting. She can never say no to an opportunity to run around like a crazy baby, so we went in to enjoy the rest of the evening in relative warmth. By the way, here is one of my favorite moments...Jeff dancing with Baby O and singing a totally inappropriate song to her...


The whole evening was capped off with a glorious sunset and a much welcomed ride back to our campsite by the nice shuttle driver.












Back at our camper I was thoroughly relieved to find that the heater was working great, I even woke up later that evening thinking it was too hot, but I was too tired to get out of bed to turn it off. Even better than the warm camper, and the best part of the whole night...Baby O sat up all by herself! Look at her...what a cutie pie!



The next morning we woke up to the wonderful melody of Blue barking at the Moose who was munching on some breakfast at the creek that was back from our camp spot. Tim ran out and saw him, but by the time we got Annie and I out of the camper he had headed for higher ground. We decided to get up and see if there were any more up by the lake but none were found. Instead we saw a fine mist rising up from the lake...pretty cool! Kinda makes you want to get up early every time you camp out in the mountains! After not finding any Moose, we hiked up a trail for a bit, got tired and hungry and went back for brunch. Since the weather was so nice, we thought about staying for another night, but I had not packed any food or clothes for Sunday. We spent the rest of the afternoon lounging and playing with the girls. Olivia and I took a nice nap together only to be woken up by a herd of people who thought our campsite was a parking lot. I'm not joking...I woke up thinking I was in a dream. Some man was yelling for someone else in Spanish not more that 10 feet from our camper. I got up to take a peek outside and saw 5 cars parked there. We were practically in the middle of the wilderness...couldn't they find there own place! Oh well...people...what can you do? Anyways, we had a great weekend, and only one minor problem with Poppy...I think he is finally warming up to us! Maybe our next trip will be smooth sailing (not!).
If you'd like to see more photos from our weekend...click here...

No comments:


Momma and her Girls