Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Life of a Fish...or Two...or Four

While we were on our vacation in Ohio 2 of Annie's fish, Flick and Flack, kicked the bucket. Okay, I made up those names, but I feel bad that we didn't name them in the first place. Anyways, our friend Amanda was house-sitting for us when one day Flick (or it may have been Flack) was found belly up. Apparently Flack couldn't live without his dear friend because he decided to part ways with the fish tank the next day. Honestly, I was surprised that they lasted this long...with Annie overfeeding them, and playing with the tank water...I mean we only bought the fish that were on sale for 99 cents or less...I really didn't think they would survive much past Valentines Day. Amanda felt bad so she took a photo of the departed and headed to the pet store to replace them. Well, those 2 fish took a one way ride down the toilet the next day. Anyways, we've been back from vacation for about a week and Annie just realized the other day that the population at the fish tank has been cut in half. I told her that Flick and Flack went to live with Amanda and she seemed okay with that answer and would occasionally tell me that the fish went to live somewhere else, but then yesterday she told me that we should get the fish back from Panda - I'm not sure if she remembered Amanda or thought a Panda had the fish (we had just watched a cartoon about a panda). Tonight Tim was on the phone with someone trying to get our Tivo to work again and Annie insisted that she had to talk to the repair man about getting her fish back from Panda. When Tim told her no, she couldn't talk to the man, she told Tim, "Okay, you tell him the fish are living with Panda." It is kinda amusing...I'm wondering if we should get some more fish to replace F & F, or just hold out a bit longer to see how many more comments about the fish she has.

No comments:


Momma and her Girls